Sunday, February 24, 2008

Captain of Crush

I just placed an order for a set of IronMind's Captain of Crush grippers. I ordered the No. 1, 2, 3, and 4. I figure it will be a nice test of my hand strength. I did some finger curls (holding a barbell while standing, I slowly open my grip to allow the bar to roll down to my finder tips and then roll the bar back up, tightening my grip) with 350 lbs on the bar. I kept it light. I read on the gripboard that damaging a tendon in your hand would take months to heal.

I can't afford to take too many risks. I am clearly stronger than I have ever been and stronger than most people even dream of. Not only that, I'm fast on my feet. But I don't know how long this will last. I don't even really know how this is truly affecting my CNS, my internal organs, my lifespan.

I've been training Crossfit-style, but I've been keeping it light. Or at least what feels light to me. I want to incorpoate some self-defense training. However, I'm apprehensive about training with real partners. I've been digging up videos on the net to teach myself. So far I've been focusing on military-style combat like Krav Maga, Haganah, and the SPEAR.

The techniques I've learned are neat and probably effective. Thus far I've found that my background in Goju-Ryu and Judo have been sufficient during my encounters with muggers. No matter how simplistic or ineffective my technique is, I can simply and easily overpower my opponents. I want to be prepared for the day I need to rely on more than just strengh.

AM: DD, Large/Cream&Sugar

No comments: